.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The GrunkleGuru

Grunkle is a slang term for the thick rough on a golf course that I have been using for many years. Given my penchant for inaccurate tee balls, I have become a bit of a guru out of the thick stuff, hence the name. This is a site for my random thoughts about sports (espeically golf) and life in general. While nothing special, it will hopefully offer a break from the daily drudgery for both you and me.

January 07, 2005

Allow Me To Introduce Myself

Ok, if you all will have me, I have decided to throw my hat into the world of blogs, and the Greensboro, NC ‘blogsphere’ in particular. This post will be longer then what I hope my regular postings to be, but since this is the first step in the journey, I should let you know how the decision was made.

Over the last couple of months I have become a blog reading ‘junkie’. Special thanks must go to David Hoggard for his Hogg’s Blog. It has been a tremendous read and has helped re-kindle my desire to become more of a citizen of Greensboro as opposed to a resident. Through reading his blog I have become aware of blogs by others that I find myself reading on a regular basis both for information and diversion. Bloggers such as David Wharton, Ed Cone, Sam Heib, and others have all done a tremendous job of bringing me into the loop from a passive standpoint, and I have made a decision to become an active participant.

I am not much of a political aficionado, so for the most part I will leave those topics to others that can cover the issues at a much higher level then I could hope to achieve. I’m not saying I won’t comment on other posts, or offer my own insight, but for the most part look for me to shy away from this aspect of life. I will however be speaking on topics such as pop culture and sports (golf in particular).

A little history about myself revolves around being born and raised in the Boston, MA area (so expect lots about the Red Sox and Patriots) and coming to Greensboro to attend Guilford College where I spent four great years (that I am still paying for today!). Upon graduation my life led me to a stint as a golf professional at a local private golf club where I was able to meet some great people and expand my contact base in Greensboro.

Once I realized that this was not the right fit for me, I decided to try the professional world and I am currently employed as a Marketing Manager for a local company. However, as of late I found the golf bug calling my name and I have recently opened a side business that feeds my craving. Short Game Central is a business that I have started that offers all aspects of club repair as well as specializing in custom-built wedges and putters. So if you are a golfer, or know a golfer in need of equipment or repairs please send me an email at
shortgamecentral@gmail.com and I’ll let you know more about what we can do. I am also in the process of developing a website and will make everyone aware when that is up and running (hopefully sooner rather than later).

From a personal standpoint I live in Aycock Historic District with my wife and 10-month-old daughter (yes, she already has me wrapped around her little finger). We love Greensboro, and are very happy that we have made it our home. That is why I mentioned becoming a citizen as opposed to a resident.

Well, that just about covers the history lesson for today. I hope that you enjoy what you see from this blog from this point forward.

5 Comments:

At 8:58 PM, Blogger TheShu said...

Found your first post a few days ago and was waiting to say welcome to the Greensboro blogosphere from GreensboroIsTalking.com.

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Billy Jones said...

"The Shu sent me." Now open the green door, please.

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger Patrick Eakes said...

Welcome, Guru. I have done a few posts about golf at my blog, but I have not seen anyone else in Greensboro posting on the subject. I look forward to reading your thoughts about golf and other subjects.

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger David Wharton said...

Hey, neighbor -- I just now found your blog. Welcome to the 'sphere! And see you around the neighborhood.

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Best Buy said...

Great stuff on golf equipment san jose california and I even bookmarked you! Of course I do have a similar page about golf equipment san jose california

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home