.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The GrunkleGuru

Grunkle is a slang term for the thick rough on a golf course that I have been using for many years. Given my penchant for inaccurate tee balls, I have become a bit of a guru out of the thick stuff, hence the name. This is a site for my random thoughts about sports (espeically golf) and life in general. While nothing special, it will hopefully offer a break from the daily drudgery for both you and me.

January 11, 2005

Does Moss Grow On The Moon

During the day yesterday, the football story was about Randy Moss mooning the fans at Lambeau Field. I feel that it is time for a regular person to offer his two cents on this issue.

Here is how I see it. It was silly, childish, and it could be argued that it was somewhat crass. However, it was still a little funny. I don't like Moss as a person because of what has been reported on him, and what he has said in interviews, but this was basically a harmless prank meant to get back at the Packer fans.

A little background. When the Packers win a home game the fans wait by the visting team bus and actually moon them on their way out of town. It is a silly tradition, but if they are willing to drop trou in zero degree weather, well more power to them. The Vikings and Packers have been bitter rivals for some time now (40 plus years), and like they say, payback is a bitch.

It was silly and stupid, but it in no way deserved the coverage that it got.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home