.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The GrunkleGuru

Grunkle is a slang term for the thick rough on a golf course that I have been using for many years. Given my penchant for inaccurate tee balls, I have become a bit of a guru out of the thick stuff, hence the name. This is a site for my random thoughts about sports (espeically golf) and life in general. While nothing special, it will hopefully offer a break from the daily drudgery for both you and me.

January 12, 2005

A Great Winter Diversion

Went bowling Sunday night with friends for the first time in about 4 years. Some things that I have forgotten about bowling include:

  • It is a great excuse to drink beer
  • It is easy to gamble on
  • Many people are much better then me
  • Did I mention what a great excuse it was to drink beer
  • And finally...

It beats the snot out of me. I am just now getting over the soreness in my leg and hip. I'm not a fine tuned athelete by any stretch, but I can hold my own with people in my situation (i.e. husband, father, employee, business owner, wordsmith, etc.) but for some reason bowling just makes me hurt for a couple of days afterward.

Oh well, time for another beer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home