.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The GrunkleGuru

Grunkle is a slang term for the thick rough on a golf course that I have been using for many years. Given my penchant for inaccurate tee balls, I have become a bit of a guru out of the thick stuff, hence the name. This is a site for my random thoughts about sports (espeically golf) and life in general. While nothing special, it will hopefully offer a break from the daily drudgery for both you and me.

January 21, 2005

Greensboro Golfer Report

As anyone who has poked their head out the window, or walked outside today, it is not the greatest of weather days. Granted, it is January and this should be expected, but man, I had days like this. So in order to warm my spirit thought I would take a look at the PGA Tour leaderboard for he Buick Open being played in San Diego. Lo and behold they are under a fog delay, so maybe there is some justice in the world.

In checking the leaderboard, I noticed that Grimsley graduate Carl Pettersson is having a bit of an off day (3 over after 12) on the South Course after a great round of 6-under yesterday on the Nothern version. For those that don’t know the South Course will be hosting the U.S. Open in 2008 and is currently playing to over 7,500 yards so a couple of birdies and Carl will be right on the scoring average for the course.

Carl had a very solid year on tour last year, and it is good to see him getting off to a good start this year. Keep an eye on his play this year and let’s all hope he pulls out a victory this year.

1 Comments:

At 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog you have! I really enjoyed it. I heard of a great site that is giving away a free set of Nike Golf Clubs. I think your readers will enjoy it. Just click the link below and enter your Zip Code to see if you qualify!
Free Nike Golf Clubs!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home