.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The GrunkleGuru

Grunkle is a slang term for the thick rough on a golf course that I have been using for many years. Given my penchant for inaccurate tee balls, I have become a bit of a guru out of the thick stuff, hence the name. This is a site for my random thoughts about sports (espeically golf) and life in general. While nothing special, it will hopefully offer a break from the daily drudgery for both you and me.

January 26, 2005

PGA Bob Hope Chrysler Classic...Go Low or Go Home!

No, it is not Thursday, but you wouldn't know that by the PGA Tour schedule. While most events are one round (update: meant to say four rounds thanks Patrick), the Bob Hope Chrysler Classic taking place this week is a 5 round event.

If you are a firm believer in the sanctity of par (like the USGA members responsible for the U.S. Open), DO NOT WATCH THIS WEEK.

The Bob Hope Tournament is played on courses that are regularly ranked as the easiest the players see each year. For example, I just checked the leaderboard, and if you are at even par you are tied for 87th (keep in mind the first groups have only played about 14 holes so far).

Personally, I love events like this. Where players are forced to play aggressive golf to keep pace makes golf fun. It leads to exciting finishes, and since this is a lower tier event you get to see some of the rookies and inexperienced players try to make a name for themselves. So if the weather is crappy, plop on the couch and watch some great golf!

1 Comments:

At 11:17 AM, Blogger Sports Junky said...

I agree,

I love Golf. and recently I have bought stock in it. Not like real stock on Wall street, but a stock market that is strictly for sports.

You have seen it? Its pretty cool. You buy issues for your favorite golfers and you make real money. Not like a fake stock simulator. I cash out Dividends each time your golfer plays in a tournament. Also I can sell my players stock when the price goes up.

check it out if something like this interests you.
heres a link http://allsportstrading.com

This site has lots of data about dividends and game pots and golfers. It also has alot of information about how the market works.



See you there!
-Erik

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home