.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The GrunkleGuru

Grunkle is a slang term for the thick rough on a golf course that I have been using for many years. Given my penchant for inaccurate tee balls, I have become a bit of a guru out of the thick stuff, hence the name. This is a site for my random thoughts about sports (espeically golf) and life in general. While nothing special, it will hopefully offer a break from the daily drudgery for both you and me.

January 19, 2005

We're Number Two!

Spent some time today figuring out what to post today. Originally I was going to break with my focus on sports and instead post on the train wreck that American Idol. But I decided that I don't want to promote that show any more then they already are. So instead, I took a look at my alma mater's website and took a look at the sports team.

While I realize that most everyone is not a follower of collegiate golf, it is worth noting that the Guilford College Quaker golf team is ranked second nationally after a strong showing in the fall season. See press release here.

I consider myself fortunate to have attended Guilford (even though I am still paying for it), and I am also appreciative to Coach Jensen who kept me on the team two years longer then he really should have. Luckily not too many were trying out when I was there.

While NCAA Division III does not draw tremendous attention (especially in the non-mainstream sports), it should be noted that Guilford has perenially been ranked in the top 10 and are now poised to make a run at finishing the regular season number one and make a strong run at a national title.

So keep plugging away Guilford Golf Team as this looks to be a great year for you and that school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home