.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The GrunkleGuru

Grunkle is a slang term for the thick rough on a golf course that I have been using for many years. Given my penchant for inaccurate tee balls, I have become a bit of a guru out of the thick stuff, hence the name. This is a site for my random thoughts about sports (espeically golf) and life in general. While nothing special, it will hopefully offer a break from the daily drudgery for both you and me.

February 08, 2005

Catching Up

Since I have only been blogging for a month, it is hard to say I have developed a trend, but the one thing I always tried to do was post something every day during the week. I took the weekends off, but that was because I'm lazy.

Regardless, I missed a couple of days and I would like to apologize to my infrequent readers who stumble across this blather, yet find themselves unable to turn away. Kind of like a car wreck, you know you shouldn't watch, but you can't help it.

As for the weekend's re-cap

Phil Mickelson won the FBR Open over the weekend, even though he was playing more from the desert then the fairway. Unfortunately it is hard to watch golf this time of year, not because there are many other options, but because the ACC pre-empts all other programming around these parts. From what I heard this tournament was basically over when Phil shot a 11 under 60 on Friday, and never led by less then three shots on Sunday cruising to victory.

The Patriots are Dynastic! With a third Superbowl in four years, New England has become the team of the millineum (which is much better then any of those team of the decade debates). It's kind of weird feeling after this game. The first two Superbowls were won on last second field goals so to have the game end it did was kind of anti-climatic.

I might not be that prevelant the rest of this week as I have my reps coming into town for a national sales meeting so I need to work hard to make sure this program is the biggest waste of time they have ever been involved with. What can I say, I'm all about setting aggressive goals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home