.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The GrunkleGuru

Grunkle is a slang term for the thick rough on a golf course that I have been using for many years. Given my penchant for inaccurate tee balls, I have become a bit of a guru out of the thick stuff, hence the name. This is a site for my random thoughts about sports (espeically golf) and life in general. While nothing special, it will hopefully offer a break from the daily drudgery for both you and me.

February 22, 2005

Practice Tip Of The Day

Given the nice weather we have here in G-Boro today, it is time for another practice session.

I want to offer some words of wisdom to those who will be hitting balls soon to get ready for the season. Take your time!!

All too often when I am at the range I see people going through a large bucket (100 balls) as quickly as possible. While this might help some people work up a sweat (especailly those of us who might be a little rotund), it does not help your game.

Instead, set up each ball and then go through your pre-shot routine. Pick out your target. Line up your body. Visualize the shot. Then make a swing.

Work on trying to feel the club throughout the swing. If you are just rushing all you will accomplish is developing further bad habits (and yes, I speak from experience)

If you are pressed for time you are better off hitting fewer shots then trying to get through them as quickly as possible. I think you will be impressed with the difference when you take it to the course.

What other practice tips do you, my loyal two readers have? Love to hear them. Post them in the comments or send me an email to shortgamecentral@gmail.com.

Let's face it, golf is a game of continuous improvement and the greatest part of this game is that there is always something you could do better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home