.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The GrunkleGuru

Grunkle is a slang term for the thick rough on a golf course that I have been using for many years. Given my penchant for inaccurate tee balls, I have become a bit of a guru out of the thick stuff, hence the name. This is a site for my random thoughts about sports (espeically golf) and life in general. While nothing special, it will hopefully offer a break from the daily drudgery for both you and me.

February 21, 2005

A Tale of Two Cities

Back in Greensboro finally, and I could not be happier. The past few days have been a true tale of two cities. Last week I had to be in Charleston, WV for a small trade show. While the people were genuinely nice, and the staff at the Charleston Civic Center was some of the best I have ever encountered, I have no desire to go back to that city. It just had a feeling of depression to it. Nobody smiled, everyone was looking down, and if you did not have a mullet of a military buzz-cut you stood out like a sore thumb. I am a firm believer in the phrase if you don’t have anything nice to say don’t say anything at all, so I will stop there.

After coming back into town to pick up my family we headed down the road to visit with my parents in Aiken, SC. This is a great town to go to if you ever have the chance. While the city is mostly known for its love of horses (and all things equestrian) it is also 20 minutes from my personal Mecca Augusta National. Now, if I can ever line up the connections to play that course I will be one happy camper.

Personally, I love going to Aiken. It is a small town that just had an article done on it by Southern Living (it is in the current issue so I could not find it online). It is low key, casual, and most of all relaxing. I still find it hard to believe that I can go visit my parents and actually have a relaxing weekend, but that is exactly what Aiken offers me. So if you ever get a chance take a trip down there (all interstate, very easy to get there) and check it out for yourself. I can gladly offer any insight that others might find helpful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home