.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The GrunkleGuru

Grunkle is a slang term for the thick rough on a golf course that I have been using for many years. Given my penchant for inaccurate tee balls, I have become a bit of a guru out of the thick stuff, hence the name. This is a site for my random thoughts about sports (espeically golf) and life in general. While nothing special, it will hopefully offer a break from the daily drudgery for both you and me.

March 18, 2005

Arnie's Event

Too much going on at work today so this will be a short one. The PGA Tour is at Bay Hill this week for Arnold Palmer's tournament. I have had the pleasure of meeting this man one time, and it is a moment that I will never forget. He is everything that he portrays on TV and more. Truly the king and a great ambassador for the game.

On a light note, read this article on ESPN.com. Apparently Tiger Woods nutted one off the first tee and hit it a whopping 198 yards with a 3-wood. For perspective he hit this same 3-wood thin the other week and hit it 300 yards. Oh yeah, he managed to save par.

More to come on this weekend tournaments as it could be a very good one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home