.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The GrunkleGuru

Grunkle is a slang term for the thick rough on a golf course that I have been using for many years. Given my penchant for inaccurate tee balls, I have become a bit of a guru out of the thick stuff, hence the name. This is a site for my random thoughts about sports (espeically golf) and life in general. While nothing special, it will hopefully offer a break from the daily drudgery for both you and me.

March 11, 2005

Basketball....We Don't Need No Stinkin' Basketball!

While I am confident that most people around here are following the ACC Tournament (or some other conference tourney), the fact is, that there is still golf being played down in Palm Beach Gardens at the Honda Classic.

This is one of those ‘bad time slot tournaments’ that happen regularly on the PGA Tour. It is a quality course, and a competitive field, but it does not have the names that are playing in it. In other words, Tiger and Phil are doing other things this weekend. The lack of marquee names, combined with the start of March Madness oftentimes leads to this event being overlooked by the masses. However, the field is setting up for another exciting finish like last year.

In 2004 Todd Hamilton came from out of nowhere to win this event by a stroke over Davis Love III. Oh yeah, Hamilton also went on to defeat Ernie Els in a playoff to win the British Open to wrap up Rookie of the Year honors.

To re-cap last years final round, Hamilton started the day with a 4-shot lead over Love, but bad conditions and, what I can only assume were Rookie Nerves, Hamilton was tied with Love standing in the 18th fairway. So what does he do? Nothing but stick a six-iron knock-down shot to within 4 feet, make the putt, and earn himself a boatload of money and a pretty cool trophy.

So, don’t forget about the Honda Classic. Like the sponsor, it is not flashy, but you can depend on it for exciting golf.

1 Comments:

At 4:56 AM, Blogger 122272 said...

Not what I was searching for, but none the less and interesting blog here. Thanks for putting it up. I've enjoyed reading alot of the text here. I got you bookmarked for the future, I'll be back.

My site is a bit different, some think it's odd. I guess it's a matter how you look at it. I have a penis enlargement reviews related site. Most of the articles are on penis enlargement reviews.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home