.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The GrunkleGuru

Grunkle is a slang term for the thick rough on a golf course that I have been using for many years. Given my penchant for inaccurate tee balls, I have become a bit of a guru out of the thick stuff, hence the name. This is a site for my random thoughts about sports (espeically golf) and life in general. While nothing special, it will hopefully offer a break from the daily drudgery for both you and me.

March 30, 2005

I Always Thought I Leaned To The Right

Went to the chiropractor today to see my x-rays and start treatment. Boy, years of football, rugby, and golf (plus many bad drunken escapades I ean can't or choose not to remember) can really do a number on a guy's back. One thing that the x-rays showed was that my next leans to the left. I got a chuckle, because while I am a registered independent my political beliefs tend to lean towards the right (let the mental turmoil begin!)

Speaking of politics, I noticed something while working on my state tax return this evening. They ask if I want to donate a dollar to a political party, and the only options were Democrat & Republican. I found this weird because it omitted the option to select a various party. Anyone smarter them me out there know the reasoning behind this? I don't see it as a big deal, just found it interesting.

Finally, congratulations go out to Rob C. for his hole-in-one on the 16th hole of Twin Oaks Par-3. This was the first of the year during our Tuesday night league, and while I hate having to pay others for their success, congratulations go out none the less.

4 Comments:

At 12:30 AM, Blogger Rusty Sheridan said...

Not to mention the fact that there are 3 parties in NC, not 2. Republican, Democrat, and Libertarian. I find it extremely odd that Libertarian wasn't an option on there.

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger The Grunkle Guru said...

Thanks for the comment Rusty. In the spirit of full disclosure, I was using Turbo Tax, so it is possible that other parties are on the actual hard copies, but I don't know.

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger The Grunkle Guru said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Rusty Sheridan said...

I did a little more research and found out the reason that only D's and R's are the options is because, according to NC law, a political party must have 1% of the total registered voters in order to qualify for the $1.

Of course, the D's and R's picked the arbitrary number and wrote the law. They just LOVE competition from other parties, don't they? They'll beat them back however they can.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home