.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The GrunkleGuru

Grunkle is a slang term for the thick rough on a golf course that I have been using for many years. Given my penchant for inaccurate tee balls, I have become a bit of a guru out of the thick stuff, hence the name. This is a site for my random thoughts about sports (espeically golf) and life in general. While nothing special, it will hopefully offer a break from the daily drudgery for both you and me.

March 09, 2005

Looking For Greener Pastures

When it comes down to it, Iā€™m really a lucky individual. I have a great wife, and beautiful daughter, and we own a house in a great neighborhood here in Greensboro, NC. However, I have been struggling with a moral dilemma for some time now.

I need to find a new job. I work as a marketing manager for a family owned company here in town, and since I have the wrong last name, I have hit the ceiling in regards to challenges and earning potential. So I now face a conundrum. The people I work for are good people, and they have done a lot to help me out over the years. However, I also have to do what is best for my family, and at this point I feel it is best to move on.

As I start this job search I have come to a realization that this is not something that I can do on my own, so I come to you, the blogging community looking for help, advice, encouragement etc. I am looking for a new marketing position based here in Greensboro. Some key facts about my skills include:

B.S. Sport Management ā€“ Guilford College
MBA ā€“ Bryan School ā€“ UNCG
Former Golf Professional
Inside & Outside Sales Experience
Trade Show Coordination
Advertising
Comprehensive Marketing Plans

I would love to get into the sports industry, but do not have any solid contacts in this area. Otherwise, I intend on staying in the marketing field.

If you know of anything, or anyone that might help me in this process I would be most grateful.

You know, as I look at what I have written I realize that this is a major shift from my normal personality. I take tremendous pride in taking care of things myself, and to ask for help is not something that is easy for me to do. However, since I am getting ready to embark on a major life change, I may as well utilize all resources available to me.

Please feel free to leave a comment on the blog here, or if you want to contact me more securely please feel free to email me at shortgamecentral@gmail.com.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and I will surely keep you all posted as I take another step in my professional life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home