.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The GrunkleGuru

Grunkle is a slang term for the thick rough on a golf course that I have been using for many years. Given my penchant for inaccurate tee balls, I have become a bit of a guru out of the thick stuff, hence the name. This is a site for my random thoughts about sports (espeically golf) and life in general. While nothing special, it will hopefully offer a break from the daily drudgery for both you and me.

March 22, 2005

Meanwhile, On The Women's Front

While I have focused much of my commentary on the PGA Tour since the inception of this blog, there are events happening on the LPGA Tour that warrant mentioning. Annika Sorrenstam has won her first two events of the year, and she has won four of her last six.

I had the opportunity to work with Annika during her early years on tour when I was interning for International Management Group (IMG), and I can tell you that the poise and determination she displayed at that point made it easy to see why she is dominating in a way that nobody has on any golf tour.

The swing is unorthodox, but the results speak for themselves.

On a side note, Lorena Ochoa needs to start entering events that Annika is not in because she now has two second place finishes for very solid efforts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home