.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The GrunkleGuru

Grunkle is a slang term for the thick rough on a golf course that I have been using for many years. Given my penchant for inaccurate tee balls, I have become a bit of a guru out of the thick stuff, hence the name. This is a site for my random thoughts about sports (espeically golf) and life in general. While nothing special, it will hopefully offer a break from the daily drudgery for both you and me.

March 31, 2005

Rain, Rain, Go Away...

Well, another week on the PGA Tour, another rain delay. This week’s stop won’t begin until Friday (hopefully) at the TPC of Sugarloaf outside Atlanta. Know what? I’m kind of glad. I don’t really care much for this tournament. No particular reason, other then it does not look aesthetically appealing on television. The bits of the course I have seen in person look like there is some personality to the course, but for some reason The Bellsouth Classic just does not get my juices flowing.

Still, you have to feel bad for this tournament. Not only is it tough time slot (a week after The Players and a week before the Masters) making it hard to draw the big names, but now they have a rain delay, and the possibility of a Monday finish.

If there is a delay again tomorrow basically assuring a Monday finish look for some drop-outs as guys will want to make sure they get as much time at Augusta National as possible.

10 Comments:

At 11:22 PM, Blogger Patrick Eakes said...

It is a real shame the tour plays its Atlanta stop at Sugarloaf. It is the hardest course to walk on tour, and it is often soaked.

Nothing is harder in tournament play than walking steep, soaked hills.

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger The Grunkle Guru said...

Thanks for reading Patrick. That is a great point about Sugarloaf. It is very hilly, and requires many long treks from tee to green. While not great for a player, it must absolutely suck for the caddies.

 
At 4:22 AM, Blogger nope said...

Hi,

I'm sorry for being intrusive in to your blog. But I am Melissa and I am a mother of two that is just trying to get out of an incredible financial debt. See my hubby is away in Iraq trying to protect this great country that we live in, and I am at home with our two kids telling bill collectors please be patiant. When my husband returns from war we will beable to catch up on our payments. We have already had are 2001 Ford repossessed from the bank, and are now down to a 83 buick that is rusted from front to back and the heater don't work, and tire tax is due in November.

I'm not asking for your pitty because we got our ownselfs into this mess but we would love you and thank you in our prayers if you would just keep this link on your blog for others to view.

God Bless You.

Melissa K. W.
To see my family view this page. My Family


Learn How To Create Your Own Custom Income Generating System.

Welcome to AdWordEqualizer / Ad Word Equalizer Finds The Most Profitable Search Terms And Products For You!

Get Paid to Take Online Surveys!

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger golfing-girls said...

You any good at golf? come and play with me tomorrow! get a tee time here tee times for golf and i'll see you on the first hold ;-)

mandy

 
At 1:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

very lovely came here looking for 1960112 adult finder friend from message new sweetness
the information about 1960112 adult finder friend from message new sweetness is great :)
Wish you lots of luck with ur blog

visit my site about 1960112 adult finder friend from message new sweetness

 
At 1:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog you have! I really enjoyed it. I heard of a great site that is giving away a free set of Nike Golf Clubs. I think your readers will enjoy it. Just click the link below and enter your Zip Code to see if you qualify!
Free Nike Golf Clubs!

 
At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a christmas gift site/blog. It pretty much covers gift ideas for christmas related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

San Diego is having a Hot Rod Halloween on Sunday, October 30. If you love yellow low rider then you will want to be there! All kinds of yellow low rider will be in attendance. For more information go to yellow low rider
See Ya There!!

 
At 7:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd have to say that I agree with you 100%. You might like this golf course public golf site that I came across. Thanks again for your insight.

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Sports Junky said...

I agree,

I love Tiger Woods. and recently I have bought stock in it. Not like real stock on Wall street, but a stock market that is strictly for sports.

You have seen it? Its pretty cool. You buy issues for your favorite golfers and you make real money. Not like a fake stock simulator. I cash out Dividends each time your golfer plays in a tournament. Also I can sell my players stock when the price goes up.

check it out if something like this interests you.
heres a link http://allsportstrading.com

This site has lots of data about dividends and game pots and golfers. It also has alot of information about how the market works.



See you there!
-Erik

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home