.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The GrunkleGuru

Grunkle is a slang term for the thick rough on a golf course that I have been using for many years. Given my penchant for inaccurate tee balls, I have become a bit of a guru out of the thick stuff, hence the name. This is a site for my random thoughts about sports (espeically golf) and life in general. While nothing special, it will hopefully offer a break from the daily drudgery for both you and me.

March 17, 2005

Stopping To Say Thank You

Driving home after the monthly meetup here in Greensboro, I came to the conclusion that I have been lax in saying thank you to some key people in this blogosphere.

First to Billy The Blogging Poet - Your efforts to maintain the meetup group is greatly appreciated by this blogger. Thank you.

The Shu also deserves some thanks. He was the first aggregator to find me and bring me to my two readers. Thank you.

Roch also deserves some thanks as well. Greensboro101.com is gaining noteriety, and for good reasons. Additionally, his efforts to get our politicians blogging is a noble effort. In my opinion it is donquijote-esque, but what do I know.

There are many others that deserve thanks and praise for making the Greensboro blog scene what it is, but those were the three I thought of last night. Thanks for doing what you do.

3 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Blogger Roch101 said...

No, thank you! You are an excellent contributor to the local blogoshpere. I've been struggling with golf for the past few years -- yet to break 90, ecstatic if I break 95. But I enjoy very much your insight into the game.

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Roch101 said...

No, thank you! You are an excellent contributor to the local blogoshpere. I've been struggling with golf for the past few years -- yet to break 90, ecstatic if I break 95. But I enjoy very much your insight into the game.

 
At 8:38 AM, Anonymous TheShu said...

"The Shu also deserves some thanks. He was the first aggregator to find me and bring me to my two readers. Thank you."

You're welcome, but I'm sure you have more than two readers. Don't forget that site counters don't tell you how many people are reading your stories through aggregators and newsreaders. I'm betting hundreds of folks read your stuff. Keep up the good work. Now, about those free golf lessons... :)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home