.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The GrunkleGuru

Grunkle is a slang term for the thick rough on a golf course that I have been using for many years. Given my penchant for inaccurate tee balls, I have become a bit of a guru out of the thick stuff, hence the name. This is a site for my random thoughts about sports (espeically golf) and life in general. While nothing special, it will hopefully offer a break from the daily drudgery for both you and me.

April 21, 2005

Can I Pick 'em or Can I Pick 'em

Man, I knew that when the Guru picks you to win a tournament, it is usually the curse of death, but it was taken to a whole new level this week.

Yesterday I picked Hank Kuehne to have a solid tournament, but alas that was not the case.

- He averaged 307 off the tee (pretty good)

- He hit 61% of the greens in regulation (not terrible)

- He hit 43% of the fairways (uh-oh)

- He made one double bogey (yikes)

- He made one quadruple bogey (holy crap)

- He shot 79 (see you next week)

Given that he is now tied for 154th, it is safe to say that Hank is not a very solid pick.

Oh well, I might as well put my money on my man Joe for the rest of the week. At least he is under par.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home