.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The GrunkleGuru

Grunkle is a slang term for the thick rough on a golf course that I have been using for many years. Given my penchant for inaccurate tee balls, I have become a bit of a guru out of the thick stuff, hence the name. This is a site for my random thoughts about sports (espeically golf) and life in general. While nothing special, it will hopefully offer a break from the daily drudgery for both you and me.

April 27, 2005

Greetings From Zurich, Louisiana

OK, it isn’t a really a city in Louisiana (that I know of a least), but Zurich is the title sponsor of this weeks stop on the PGA Tour in New Orleans, LA. Being contested on a new course, this one might be a tough one to pick. Some of the contenders include:

Vijay Singh – Yes, he got lucky to win last week in my opinion, but he still defended his title like he is attempting to do this week as well.

Chris DiMarco – In his first start since his gritty performance at the Masters, it is tough to call whether he will still have the fire, or be in a bit of a funk.

Joe Ogilvie – He has been a regular pick of mine, and must still have a chip on his shoulder after he lost to Vijay last year.

All of these are solid picks for this week, but I am going to put my hopes and dreams on Louisiana native David Toms.

He always plays well in New Orleans, and is a LSU graduate. I realize that he has not done much since the whooping he put on the field at the Match Play Championship earlier this year, and home made gumbo and jambalaya might do him some good.

This is the first time that the TPC of New Orleans will be on display, but from what I have heard, the early reviews of this course are good. Tight fairways and small greens should lead to the winning number being in the 10 – 15 under par range.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home