.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The GrunkleGuru

Grunkle is a slang term for the thick rough on a golf course that I have been using for many years. Given my penchant for inaccurate tee balls, I have become a bit of a guru out of the thick stuff, hence the name. This is a site for my random thoughts about sports (espeically golf) and life in general. While nothing special, it will hopefully offer a break from the daily drudgery for both you and me.

April 28, 2005

My Decisions Are To Your Benefit

Man, just got back from lunch, and I faced a tough decision. Go right and head back to the office for another afternoon of staring at either a computer screen or a wall. Neither option is all the enticing. Go left, and I am only a few minutes away from throwing my clubs on my back and playing a round of golf. Perfect temperature, light breeze, and plenty of sunshine would make for a great afternoon.

Since I am typing this, you know what my decision was. Damn this work ethic of mine! Anyway, as the weather keeps getting better, there is more time to work on your game, and here is a tip for those of you looking to improve your game.

As you may or may not know, most of your shots during a round of golf are played from one hundred yards and in. With these shots, most players are oftentimes between clubs. However, there is a great drill you can try to get a better grasp on your distance control.

Find a quiet spot on the range and mark how far away 10 yards is from your hitting area. Work with various clubs to figure out how hard you have to swing to carry the ball 10 yards. Once you have that dialed in and have figured out which club is most comfortable hit one more shot and note where the ball stops rolling.

Now using the same club try flying your next shot to where that last ball came to a stop at and continue this process until you can’t comfortably hit the ball to the required distance. Go through this process for a whole practice session, and you will notice how much more confidence you have when facing one of those little ‘tweener shots.
Also, you might need some new wedges. Short Game Central can build you a custom wedge that is designed for you, the style of golf you play, and the types of courses you prefer. Drop me an email today and we’ll get started.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home