.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The GrunkleGuru

Grunkle is a slang term for the thick rough on a golf course that I have been using for many years. Given my penchant for inaccurate tee balls, I have become a bit of a guru out of the thick stuff, hence the name. This is a site for my random thoughts about sports (espeically golf) and life in general. While nothing special, it will hopefully offer a break from the daily drudgery for both you and me.

April 14, 2005

Next Stop...Harbour Town

Even though The Masters wrapped up this past weekend, it does not mean that the PGA Tour takes a break. This week the tour is in Hilton Head, SC for the MCI Heritage. The host course this week, Harbour Town Golf Links, is one of the ‘old-style’ courses that puts a true premium on shot making. With narrow fairways, and the smallest greens on tour, you typically see the best ball-striker of the week win the tournament.

That being said, it is time for my weekly pick. So far, I have not been very successful, but one of these days blind luck is sure to strike and I will get it right. I was thinking about picking Kevin Stadler, but with a 12-over 83 in round one (I’d like to know how he made a 10 on a par three) I am safe in ruling him out. Fred Funk would be a good pick, but he is still on the Player’s Championship high so don’t expect much out of him.

Nope, this week I am going to predict that it will be a first time winner, and my selection of the week is:

Joe Ogilvie

He has been playing well all year, and is due to finally break through.

It looks like the weather will finally be nice and that we should go without any weather delays.

2 Comments:

At 3:00 PM, Blogger Patrick Eakes said...

That is a very tough par 3, but I think baby Stads can do better than a 10.

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger The Grunkle Guru said...

Thanks for reading Patrick. I remember seeing somewhere that it was a tough one, but eventually you have to cut your losses and play for a triple.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home