.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The GrunkleGuru

Grunkle is a slang term for the thick rough on a golf course that I have been using for many years. Given my penchant for inaccurate tee balls, I have become a bit of a guru out of the thick stuff, hence the name. This is a site for my random thoughts about sports (espeically golf) and life in general. While nothing special, it will hopefully offer a break from the daily drudgery for both you and me.

May 31, 2005

Glad Everyone Had A Good Time

Well, we made it back to Greensboro yesterday. The trip to Boston was a surprisingly good time, and included a wedding, a Christening, a dinner party, and a tour our Fenway Park (pictures to come later). One thing we learned that I will throw out to others. If you are traveling with small children do not take the airline up on the offer to board ahead of everyone else. It is just more time for the little one to have to sit still. Instead, wait until everyone else has boarded and then go on. This seemed to work quite well for us.

From everything I have read and heard from attendees, Hoggfest was a huge success. I’m sorry we could not be there, and that we could not do more, but I think it is safe to say we will do everything we can to be in attendance for future Hoggfests.

Some additional notes:

Turns out I might be decent at the fantasy golf thing after all. I finished in the top 10,000 this week (a major improvement) even with one of my guys not starting. Look for a great tournament this coming week at The Memorial.

Went to the doctor today and confirmed that I tore (not strained) my hamstring last weekend playing softball. Not too bad, but the bruising is just starting to come to the surface and it looks pretty knarly. Anyway, out of action for a while, which means I will not be able to play in the Bryan Amateur this year. Too bad, I was looking forward to gunning for Patrick. Oh well, maybe next year.

15 Comments:

At 3:24 PM, Blogger Patrick Eakes said...

Ouch! Sorry to hear that your hamstring in jury is a tear. Since you will not be able to make it to the Bryan Amateur, we will get together and play when you are healed.

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger The Grunkle Guru said...

Thanks Patrick. Luckily, it is not a bad tear and I can move around with just a dull ache. Can't drive forward on the downswing without pain.

We'll see how it goes and take it slowly.

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Roch101 said...

Jon, thanks for your contribution to the HoggFest raffle of a custom wedge and putter. You won't believe this, but Eakes won it.

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger Patrick Eakes said...

And I need all the help I can get, so I look forward to working with you on a putter and wedge.

 
At 3:43 AM, Blogger Richpoo said...

I've stumbled across your blog when I done some extreme power sports research in Google. You're doing a pretty nice job
here, keep up the good work! check out extreme power sports

 
At 1:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the kind of site I've been looking for. Definitely bookmarkable! If you get a chance, can you check out california mortgage . I'm fairly new to building websites, and would value any opinions
on my california mortgage site.

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger mac said...

Just passing thru and I think you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to put you in my favorites!

I have a affiliate canadian marketing site/blog. It pretty much covers affiliate canadian marketingrelated stuff.

Come and check it out when you have the time and keep up the great work on your site :-)

 
At 6:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Found you radom Blogging. Blog On.
See The Top Ten For yourself

 
At 2:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

affiliate canada program is great

i found here searching for the word affiliate canada program and your site was listed high on the word affiliate canada program
GOOD JOB

affiliate canada program

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Adult Personals said...

hey i got here searching for easy fast loan money payday simplepaydayloan.com

You have such a high ranking for that
Top 3 for easy fast loan money payday simplepaydayloan.com

easy fast loan money payday simplepaydayloan.com

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Johnjon said...

Wow, I really like this one. I have a website that talks mostly about affiliate business You should check it out sometime.

 
At 11:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog with interesting topics. I have a website that offers alot of controversial topics here. Just go to the links page and look for "Video Reviews"

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger Clickbank Mall said...

Come Visit Santa at his blog and tell him what you want for Christmas,

 
At 3:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your bengals cincinnati david pollack blog! Check out my bengals cincinnati david pollack forum for lots of great bengals cincinnati david pollack info.

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Askinstoo said...

I think The Grunkle Guru has a great blog! I've been surfing around everywhere and just love to read all this stuff. I don't have a blog to contribute to but found a place where you can get a free target gift card. I think they are limiting it so you may wanna hurry on over. the site is Target Gift Card Keep up the great work, I love Blogger!!!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home