.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The GrunkleGuru

Grunkle is a slang term for the thick rough on a golf course that I have been using for many years. Given my penchant for inaccurate tee balls, I have become a bit of a guru out of the thick stuff, hence the name. This is a site for my random thoughts about sports (espeically golf) and life in general. While nothing special, it will hopefully offer a break from the daily drudgery for both you and me.

May 06, 2005

I Can't Bet Golf, But How 'Bout The Ponies

Here we go again. Apparently Notah is not as ready as I thought he was. Shot 80 yesterday to make sure my streak of picks missing the cuts continues. Oh well, at least now I can focus my attention on the sport of kings and focus on my picks for the Derby.

Even though I was raised around horses, I have no innate ability to pick winners. But that doesn’t stop me from trying. After all, just having money sitting in your pocket does no good. You need to put your money to work. Granted, it might soon be working for someone else after I place my bets, at least it is working, and not causing problems for society.

Here are my top four horses in no particular order:

Afleet Alex – Very impressive in winning the Arkansas Derby by 8 lengths

High Fly – Should get some medium odds, and with Jerry Bailey in the saddle only good things can happen

Noble Causeway – Has a great distance pedigree and is a true closer

Buzzards Bay – For some reason I always like the horses that win the Santa Anita Derby. Don’t know why.

Some of you might have noticed that I left off the early favorite Bellamy Road, and this was quite intentional. While I like the horse, I can’t let my money work for the leader of the Evil Empire. Wouldn’t be prudent.

So take what you want out of this. If I were you I would not put anything on these horses since we all know what my betting track has been. But every day is a new day with new opportunities so you never know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home