.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The GrunkleGuru

Grunkle is a slang term for the thick rough on a golf course that I have been using for many years. Given my penchant for inaccurate tee balls, I have become a bit of a guru out of the thick stuff, hence the name. This is a site for my random thoughts about sports (espeically golf) and life in general. While nothing special, it will hopefully offer a break from the daily drudgery for both you and me.

May 18, 2005

Jimmy The Greek I'm Not

Ok, we all know by now how bad I am at making picks for the PGA Tour. In fact, I think my pick has missed the cut in every week since the Masters. Not the greatest batting average, and most definitely worthy of a demotion to the minor leagues.

But instead of accepting that I suck at this and moving on to more profitable endeavors (like writing a blog), I have decided to take my game to the next level. That’s right, I signed up for Fantasy Golf. Now, instead of picking one guy and ruining his week, I get to pick 5. Talk about a power trip. Here’s how it works.

Each week, I get $1million to spend on 5 players participating in the current week’s event (this week is the Bank of America Colonial) and compare my skills against tens of thousands of other prognosticators. Without further ado here is this week’s roster:

Chris DiMarco ($296,750) – He has not won in a while, but he has been playing very well as of late.

Justin Leonard ($248,000) – The Texas native always plays well in this event, and seems to be getting his game in shape.

Todd Hamilton ($235,000) – A great wind player who has been putting up some solid rounds

Briny Baird ($137,500) – Any man who addresses a putt the way he does must have a lot of confidence in his game

Rich Beem ($75,000) – He hasn’t done anything since his PGA victory, but he seems like a good guy

So there is the roster for this week. Now, let the fun begin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home