.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The GrunkleGuru

Grunkle is a slang term for the thick rough on a golf course that I have been using for many years. Given my penchant for inaccurate tee balls, I have become a bit of a guru out of the thick stuff, hence the name. This is a site for my random thoughts about sports (espeically golf) and life in general. While nothing special, it will hopefully offer a break from the daily drudgery for both you and me.

May 24, 2005

The Lifeguards Wish To Thank News 2

Had News2 on this morning as I was getting ready for work, and they were kind enough to offer some swimming safety tips.

Their first one was, and I'm not kidding, Learn To Swim.

I don't know why, but for some reason this seems like a keen sense of the obvious.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

4 Comments:

At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Gr8ful Coach said...

I think that passing a swim test ought to be part of the physical education requirement in high school. Of course, there would have to be some exceptions, but i think it could be done and would be worthwhile.

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger The Grunkle Guru said...

Thanks for the comment Coach. I don't know if they still do it, but you had to pass a swimming test before graduating from UNC. Not bad, but a little late in my mind.

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Patrick Eakes said...

I had to pass a swim test to graduate from NC State.

 
At 3:57 PM, Anonymous Gr8ful Coach said...

Absolutey too late. I hate the thought of how many kids that are never exposed to swimming and end up avoiding water their whole lives.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home