.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The GrunkleGuru

Grunkle is a slang term for the thick rough on a golf course that I have been using for many years. Given my penchant for inaccurate tee balls, I have become a bit of a guru out of the thick stuff, hence the name. This is a site for my random thoughts about sports (espeically golf) and life in general. While nothing special, it will hopefully offer a break from the daily drudgery for both you and me.

May 25, 2005

This One's Got To Be A Winner

After last week’s disappointing showing as a fantasy owner, it is time for redemption. That’s right, I analyzed the stats including fairways hit, past performances, trends, birdie conversion rates, putting averages, scores shot on sunny and overcast days, and even seeing how a person shoots wearing a striped shirt with plaid pants (yes, the embarrassment is typically worth 3.38 shots per round). After looking at all that I decided to resort back to my tried and true method. Throw some darts and hope for the best. Here’s this weeks roster for the Guru.

David Toms – Even though he is in a legal battle with his agent (seems the agent can’t explain the $12,000 Sable hat he expensed out), Toms owns Southwind. I would typically avoid a two-time defending champ, but his record is too strong here.

Tim Herron – Those of you who have met me face to face know I have got to pick a guy named Lumpy for my roster.

Ben Crane – His last name is that of a bird. Which naturally flows into birdie. Let’s hope he makes lots of them.

Matt Kuchar – He is on the roster because of his ACC ties. Also, he is a great value on a course he is has always played well on.

Shaun Micheel – No real reason other then he fit under the salary cap with the above four.

So that’s the roster for the upcoming Fed-Ex St. Jude Championship. Perhaps not the strongest roster you could come up with, but these are the guys I’m going to battle with.

May the Force be with us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home