.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The GrunkleGuru

Grunkle is a slang term for the thick rough on a golf course that I have been using for many years. Given my penchant for inaccurate tee balls, I have become a bit of a guru out of the thick stuff, hence the name. This is a site for my random thoughts about sports (espeically golf) and life in general. While nothing special, it will hopefully offer a break from the daily drudgery for both you and me.

May 23, 2005

Weekend Roller-Coaster

Diverse weekend for the Guru, and while none of it involved golf, it was quite an adventure.

The weekend started off on an ominous note for as I was waiting to pull out of a parking lot, a car backed into me. No injuries to report, and it should not be a big deal as I filed the claim today with the other driver’s insurance company. Names will be withheld until it is resolved. At lease it was a civilian.

Note: For those that don’t know, the civilian reference is intentional, as my family has been a victim of governmental immunity in the past. A few years back, a police officer (while talking on her personal cell phone) ran a stop sign, t-boned a car through the intersection and proceeded to slam into my wife’s car and total mine.

After leaving the scene of the accident I did the best thing I could for myself given the situation. I won money playing poker. Nothing huge, but enough to walk away in a good mood.

Saturday was capped by the Preservation Greensboro cookout held at Sternberger Park in Aycock. The food was great, the people friendly, and the entertainment rocked. The Aycock Middle School drum line performed for us, and I was blown away. These kids were great. I hope that they start getting some more publicity because they most certainly deserve it.

Sunday ended on a bit of a down note. Softball game. Bottom of the first, two outs, I’m on second base. Sharp single to left field. Third base coach sends me. Halfway home hamstring pops (I both feel and hear it). I manage to score the run, but am out for the rest of the game. I hate getting hurt, and this one is actually pretty bad. Don’t think it is torn, but I need it to get better.

Golf wrap-up coming soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home