.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The GrunkleGuru

Grunkle is a slang term for the thick rough on a golf course that I have been using for many years. Given my penchant for inaccurate tee balls, I have become a bit of a guru out of the thick stuff, hence the name. This is a site for my random thoughts about sports (espeically golf) and life in general. While nothing special, it will hopefully offer a break from the daily drudgery for both you and me.

June 16, 2005

Apologies & Predictions

Sorry I missed the Meetup last night, but I am making so much money off my blog I had to go out and buy my wife a new car.

Well, most of that statement is false, but we did buy a car last night, and with everything that was involved with that, I was unable to make it. Hope it was a good one, and I would love a wrap-up from someone who attended.

I also had to set my lineup for the U.S. Open this week. This is one of the toughest weeks to pick because even though there is a field of 156 players, realistically there are only 20 – 30 who even tee off with a chance to win. Makes it tough when you have a salary cap to work with. Anyway, here is my roster for this year.

Tiger Woods – As long as he gets some good breaks in the rough (he won’t be hitting many fairways) he has a shot. Also, he has a girl giving him grief this week so let’s see if he steps up.

David Toms – Like Patrick, this is my pick to win this week. He has been playing solid for a while, and his game is perfect for an Open. He hits it long enough, has a great touch and is a fiery competitor.

Luke Donald – It has been 35 years since a European won the U.S. Open, and if the string is going to be broken it might as well be an Englishman who has a classic game.

Steve Elkington – He had a great tournament last week, and has had a quiet season. Still, there is no better swing out there, and there is no reason he shouldn’t be in contention.

Scott McCarron – I only had a few bucks left and his name kept catching my eye.

I wish it were like college golf. Start 5 count 4. Maybe then I would have a chance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home