.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The GrunkleGuru

Grunkle is a slang term for the thick rough on a golf course that I have been using for many years. Given my penchant for inaccurate tee balls, I have become a bit of a guru out of the thick stuff, hence the name. This is a site for my random thoughts about sports (espeically golf) and life in general. While nothing special, it will hopefully offer a break from the daily drudgery for both you and me.

June 08, 2005

Boozing It Up At Congressional

First off, I'm willing to bet someone else will the title of this post for an article so I am calling Dibs right now! It's mine.

Anyway, too much going on today for a well thought out post about the upcoming Booz Allen Classic this week at Congressional Country Club. This is a bit of a treat for the players as this is a classic course that is known for hosting the 1997 U.S. Open. Because of the venue you are seeing a better field then you typically would. This of course give me more options to put together and under performing team for this week’s adventure in fantasy golf. I decided to go with a mix of veterans and rookie’s to see if we can’t crack the top 5,000 this week.

Ernie Els – He disappointed me last week, but playing on a course that he won on the last time Congressional was in the golf news so maybe he can re-kindle some of those ‘old time feelings’.

Phil Mickelson – He won the event prior to the last major (Bellsouth Classic). Maybe he is making up his own grand slam.

Sean O’Hair – This kid’s got game, and we typically see a younger player win this event so he made my cut.

Jeff Maggert – Old style courses put a much higher premium on accuracy, and this guy has traditionally been one of the most accurate players on tour.

James Driscoll – He’s a Boston boy, and he looks like he could beat-up most of the guys on tour so he scared me into picking him.

These are the five I’m dancing with. I just hope they decide to show up this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home