.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The GrunkleGuru

Grunkle is a slang term for the thick rough on a golf course that I have been using for many years. Given my penchant for inaccurate tee balls, I have become a bit of a guru out of the thick stuff, hence the name. This is a site for my random thoughts about sports (espeically golf) and life in general. While nothing special, it will hopefully offer a break from the daily drudgery for both you and me.

June 16, 2005

I'm Big Time Baby!

A few weeks back Wharton mentioned how all of us who blog have an ego, and we work to fill that ego by having people visit our sites and leave comments. To this day I could not agree more. I have an ego, and like to have it stroked every once in a while. It just feels good. Well, today I found out I got a hell of a stroking.

Ed Cone, the writer behind Word Up has posted a comment to one of my posts! I am honored to have the Blogfather (yes, I understand he hates that term, but it is fitting) not only read one of my posts, but take the time to comment on it.

I’ve never met Mr. Cone, or had any type of communication with him, but from what I understand about the blogging community, he is a revered fellow.

So thanks for visiting Ed, and if you ever need golf clubs please remember Short Game Central.

2 Comments:

At 1:40 PM, Blogger Roch101 said...

Ed need golf clubs? Do you sell waders?

 
At 2:23 PM, Anonymous Ed Cone said...

Rumors of my reverence are greatly exaggerated.

What I really need is help with my short game. And putting. Also, off the tee.

Other than that, I'm fine. Except for fairway irons.

And sand.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home