.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The GrunkleGuru

Grunkle is a slang term for the thick rough on a golf course that I have been using for many years. Given my penchant for inaccurate tee balls, I have become a bit of a guru out of the thick stuff, hence the name. This is a site for my random thoughts about sports (espeically golf) and life in general. While nothing special, it will hopefully offer a break from the daily drudgery for both you and me.

June 01, 2005

Yes, There Is A Reason To Go To Ohio

After last week’s somewhat impressive showing in the fantasy golf world, the Grunkle Guru is ready to keep the momentum building. After all, if I had finished at the top I would have no place to go but down. Instead, I have room for improvement (about 10,000 places).

This week the tour stops in Dublin, OH for The Memorial tournament. This is the Golden Bear’s tournament, and therefore all the big guys come out to play. It makes for a very deep field, and one that is extremely hard to predict, but I will give it my best shot.

Ernie Els – He has a new jet, some new shafts, and a new agent. With all that change he should have no problem defending his 2004 title

Kenny Perry – He is getting onto one of his rolls again, and if he keeps it up look out, this guy can flat out play

Charles Howell III – He is already a millionaire. Now let’s hope he can find his way off the island. That and there is a rumor that Gilligan lost a bet and will be caddying for him this week.

Fredrick Jacobson – The Swede has had a solid year, and anyone willing to wear the ensembles that he does has to be brimming with confidence. Either that or trying to take attention from his game.

Jack Nicklaus – His town, his tournament, his course. I wouldn’t pick any other senior citizen for my roster.

So there you have it. Some strong horses, and a few long shots. Now let’s tee it up and see what happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home