.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The GrunkleGuru

Grunkle is a slang term for the thick rough on a golf course that I have been using for many years. Given my penchant for inaccurate tee balls, I have become a bit of a guru out of the thick stuff, hence the name. This is a site for my random thoughts about sports (espeically golf) and life in general. While nothing special, it will hopefully offer a break from the daily drudgery for both you and me.

July 18, 2005

A Plea For Prayers

I want to take a moment and break from golf.

I just found out that one of my good friends is going through a family crisis. All names and locations are being witheld to protect their privacy.

He and his wife struggled for some time to get pregnant and for some time, and after struggling through some miscarriages, they were blessed with a baby boy over Memorial Day Weekend this year.

Everything was fine until a recent fever led them to the hospital where further tests revealed a failing liver.

From what I understand they are looking at a liver transplant, and they are staying at a Ronald McDonald House.

If you pray please be sure to pray for this caring and loving family. If you do not pray please have some kind thoughts in your heart.

They have a tough road ahead.

UPDATE: Exciting news! It looks like they found the cause of the liver problems and it can be treated without a transplant. The hope is that their infant son will be able to come off the respirator this weekend. Thank you to all who held them in your hearts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home