.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The GrunkleGuru

Grunkle is a slang term for the thick rough on a golf course that I have been using for many years. Given my penchant for inaccurate tee balls, I have become a bit of a guru out of the thick stuff, hence the name. This is a site for my random thoughts about sports (espeically golf) and life in general. While nothing special, it will hopefully offer a break from the daily drudgery for both you and me.

August 08, 2005

Back & Better Then Ever

I am ready to return from my hiatus, I think. The main reason for the hiatus was because I wanted to give some thought as to how I am utilizing my blog.

When I first got started, I did not know what was going to come of this journey, and over the course of time I have met some great people, and learned a lot. But I also think that I need this blog to be more focused. Therefore, I am gearing this blog towards a strictly business purpose.

As most of you know by now, I own a company known as Short Game Central. It has been open for almost a year now, and I am ready to start giving it the attention that it deserves. Short Game Central offers complete club repair services as well as custom-built clubs (specializing in wedges and putters). This blog is now going to become an extension of that business as I work to build my brand up.

There has been a lot of discussion, both here in Greensboro, and around the world about the business of blogging. I am of the firm belief that it is virtually impossible for a blog to be a financial windfall on its own, but I do believe that it can be an excellent accessory for other business ventures, and it is my intention to see if that is the case. Therefore, The Grunkle Guru will now have a more defined schedule of postings that will be both beneficial and enjoyable to the golfing public, not only here in beautiful Greensboro, but across the nation and around the world. The schedule of writings will be as follows:

- Monday (Weekend Round-Up) – A look back at what happened in the world of golf.

- Tuesday (Rule of the Week) – Knowledge is power, and we want you to use the rules to your benefit.

- Wednesday (Fantasy Day) – We’ll take a look at who I like for the coming week, and how my picks fared in the previous event.

- Thursday (Review Day) – A look at a product, service, or golf course.

- Friday (Tip of the Week) – We’ll get you geared up for the weekend with a quick tip to improve your game.

This will be an interesting experiment and will hopefully show the power of business blogging, but it does greatly limit my personal voice. I do not feel it is appropriate to give my opinions on worldly topics, family happenings, and other points of interest at a blog designed to promote my business.

If there is one thing that I have learned about blogging it is quite addictive. Because of my newfound desire to write my opinion about various topics, I have decided to create a new blog as an outlet for my personal views on topics not related to golf. It will take me a couple of days to launch it, but keep your eye out for The 19th Hole (what else would a golfer call it).

Thanks for your patience during my hiatus, and I hope you like the new and improved Grunkle Guru.

2 Comments:

At 1:53 PM, Anonymous Gr8ful Coach said...

Hey now Guru,
Very impressive! You came out of a timeout with a focused, set play that appears to be a slam dunk!
Well done.

Lookin' forward to the 19th Hole,also.

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Richpoo said...

Help! I am lost. I was searching for news sports and somehow ended up here. How that happened I don't know, however I do like your Blog a lot. Would you mind if I add your Blog to my favorites page so others can visit?

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home