.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The GrunkleGuru

Grunkle is a slang term for the thick rough on a golf course that I have been using for many years. Given my penchant for inaccurate tee balls, I have become a bit of a guru out of the thick stuff, hence the name. This is a site for my random thoughts about sports (espeically golf) and life in general. While nothing special, it will hopefully offer a break from the daily drudgery for both you and me.

August 11, 2005

Product Review - Get Your Mojo On

As we get started on this product review journey, I should probably give you a little background on my golf game. I have been playing the game for almost twenty years to various degrees of success. I am a long hitter, but as of late have been working on harnessing that power to gain more control over my distance and direction.

These reviews are my own personal opinion about the equipment, and while some of it might not be right for me I will always try to offer suggestions as to whom the product might benefit.

At this time I am coming out of my own pocket for the products that I evaluate here, and even if manufacturers start giving me equipment to test I will remain as impartial as possible.

The Nike MOJO is a semi-premium golf ball designed for the mid-level player. Normally, I would not play this style golf ball (I prefer one with more feel), but since I was playing slow and soft greens at Twin Oaks during the evaluation process I felt that it would be a good place to give it a shot.

The Ball – This is two-piece ball with a low compression core and durable cover. The premise is that with a softer core it will produce more spin to offset the hard cover.

Distance – This ball was long (about 5% longer then I typically gauge my distances.

Spin – Very little on short shots. Full shots were sticking nicely (mostly due to soft conditions)

Feel – This ball feels very hard on short shots making it hard for the advanced golfer to trust their swing

Durability – Very good. Resistant to scuffing.

Price – MSRP $28.99 (Can be found for as low as $19.99)

Overall – This is a decent golf ball. It is not the greatest I have ever played, but I would recommend this golf ball for mid to high handicap players and those with slower swing speeds.

3 Comments:

At 7:11 PM, Blogger Best Buy said...

Great stuff on clone golf equipment and I even bookmarked you! Of course I do have a similar page about clone golf equipment

 
At 3:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Help me if you can I'm feeling down" - I also think I must be lost.

I was searching for Elvis and somehow ended up in your blog, but you know I'm sure I saw him on the golf course yesterday. Now this is strange because usually I see him in the supermarket.

Honest really, last time I saw him there he was right in front of me, next to the steaks singing "Love me Tender".

He said to me (his lip was only slightly curled) "Boy, you need to get yourself a shiny, new lcd tv to go with that blue suede sofa of yours.

But Elvis said I, In the Ghetto nobody has a lcd tv .

Dude I'm All Shook Up said Elvis. I think I'll have me another cheeseburger.

Then I'm gonna go home, put ma dancin' suit on, munch me some uppers and freak out to that maaaaaaaaad surfing scene in Apocalypse Now on ma lcd tv .

How cool is that boy?

And then he just walked out of the supermarket singing. . .

"You give me love and consolation,
You give me strength to carry on "

Strange day or what? :-)

 
At 8:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Free Web Report Reveals How Anyone Can

Become A High-Earning Super Affiliate Fast!

Download Your Copy Now Before It's Gone:

Free Web Report Reveals How Anyone Can

Become A High-Earning Super Affiliate Fast!

Download Your Copy Now Before It's Gone:

beauty product

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home