.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The GrunkleGuru

Grunkle is a slang term for the thick rough on a golf course that I have been using for many years. Given my penchant for inaccurate tee balls, I have become a bit of a guru out of the thick stuff, hence the name. This is a site for my random thoughts about sports (espeically golf) and life in general. While nothing special, it will hopefully offer a break from the daily drudgery for both you and me.

September 28, 2005

Fab Five Come To Greensboro

This week the traveling road show known as the PGA Tour comes to my hometown of Greensboro, NC. Now known as the Chrysler Classic of Greensboro, most long-standing citizens still refer to it as the GGO (Greater Greensboro Open). We have been struggling with attendance during the past few years, and rumors of our demise are being discussed as the PGA Tour starts work on a new television contract. So, if you can’t make it out to watch the golf (as is the case with yours truly), make sure to watch it on TV. Those Nielsen ratings might be worth something after all. Anyway, onto the picks.

Last week I had my first week where all five of my guys made the cut. However, nobody earned more then $24,850 so I still finished in 13,848th place for the week. For this segment I am ranked 6,550th, so I have set a goal of cracking the top 5,000 for the end of the year. We are nothing if we have not goals, and mediocrity seems to work well for me in this situation. This week I have stayed away from anyone that played in the President’s Cup last week, as I think there will be a strong case of burnout hitting the competitors (Davis Love III has already pulled out of the event and he designed the course.)

Sergio Garcia – As long as he does not spend too much time in the Michelob Party Tent he is the best choice of the field. Strong ball-striker and while his putting is suspect at times, Forest Oaks is not known as tough putting course.

Tom Lehman – This guy has got to be fired up. He has a year to get a team together for the Ryder Cup and he already has two teams that work great together in Tiger Woods & Jim Furyk along with Phil Mickelson & Chris DiMarco. If he splits these guys up at any point I will be shocked.

Ryan Moore – Played here as an amateur, and is on his way to earning his card for next year. If he had played a full season his scoring average would rank in the top-30, not too shabby.

Carl Pettersson – Picked him last week, and this is a bit of a homecoming for him having gone to the home of the Whirlies. Has been playing better as of late, and I am expecting big things from him.

Kevin Na – The youngest guy on tour played well at the beginning of the year and fell off the map, look for a comeback starting….Now!

I only left $3,750 on the table this week so this is one of my more expensive teams. Let’s hope that they can hold up under the intense pressure.

8 Comments:

At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good blog. Cool as!! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I've got a art site/blog. U can find art related stuff.

 
At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just thought I'd let you know about a site where you can make over $800 a month in extra income. Go to this site   MAKE MONEY NOW  and put in your zip code..... up will pop several places where you can get paid to secret shop, take surveys, etc.  It's free.  I found several and I live in a small town!

 
At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a income opportunity home based business site. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 5:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I really like this one. I have a website that talks mostly about dealerships income opportunity You should check it out sometime.

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger sandyhay said...

Hey!! Just surfing some sites and found this place. Cool!! I have a accounting business canadian small software site where i try to sell accounting business canadian small software related software. Drop by anytime.

 
At 7:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd have to say that I agree with you 100%. You might like this link http discount golf club and equipment.com golf site that I came across. Thanks again for your insight.

 
At 8:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great information here! I'm going to bookmark this page. Check out my computer dictionary blog sometime.

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Sports Junky said...

I agree,

I love Golf. and recently I have bought stock in it. Not like real stock on Wall street, but a stock market that is strictly for sports.

You have seen it? Its pretty cool. You buy issues for your favorite golfers and you make real money. Not like a fake stock simulator. I cash out Dividends each time your golfer plays in a tournament. Also I can sell my players stock when the price goes up.

check it out if something like this interests you.
heres a link http://allsportstrading.com

This site has lots of data about dividends and game pots and golfers. It also has alot of information about how the market works.



See you there!
-Erik

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home