.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The GrunkleGuru

Grunkle is a slang term for the thick rough on a golf course that I have been using for many years. Given my penchant for inaccurate tee balls, I have become a bit of a guru out of the thick stuff, hence the name. This is a site for my random thoughts about sports (espeically golf) and life in general. While nothing special, it will hopefully offer a break from the daily drudgery for both you and me.

September 20, 2005

Michelle Wie Turning Pro

What a way to come back into the blogging fold.

According to ESPN Reports, Michelle Wie will turn pro before the end of the month and make her professional debut 2 days after her 16th birthday.

First year endorsement deals are expected to meet or exceed $10million.

Here's the strange thing though. Instead of going with traditional sports marketing firms such as IMG, she has instead signed with the William Morris agency. Seems like she might want to transcend the game of golf afterall.

4 Comments:

At 2:53 PM, Blogger Patrick Eakes said...

Michelle Wie may be a young lady, but asking for professional representation with zero commission takes balls.

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger The Grunkle Guru said...

No argument there Patrick. The thing is, she will never be more marketable then she is now, so I do think that it is a calculated risk on both parties.

 
At 1:38 AM, Blogger emily said...

I found a lot of useful info about sports marketing on your blog - thank you. I also have a new sports marketing tips blog - please click over and have a look

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger jenna said...

I found a lot of useful info about sports marketing on your blog - thank you. I also have a new sports marketing tips blog - please click over and have a look

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home