.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The GrunkleGuru

Grunkle is a slang term for the thick rough on a golf course that I have been using for many years. Given my penchant for inaccurate tee balls, I have become a bit of a guru out of the thick stuff, hence the name. This is a site for my random thoughts about sports (espeically golf) and life in general. While nothing special, it will hopefully offer a break from the daily drudgery for both you and me.

September 23, 2005

Tip of the Week - Have a Purpose

This week’s Tip of The Week comes from the short game guru, Dave Pelz, and it is one that I strongly believe in.

Practice with purpose.

Don’t go to the range and just hit balls for the sake of it. When you walk out to the range or the putting green decide in advance what you want to work on. You might want to work on hitting 50-yard bump and run shots. Perhaps you want to dial in your 8 iron so that you know you can hit a high fade 150 yards when you need to. Maybe you have been struggling with left to right putts, well work on them.

If you practice with purpose you can improve your game rapidly because you will be developing confidence in an aspect of your game.

So next time you head out to the range, think about what you have been struggling with and work on that.

Good luck.

The Grunkle Guru

1 Comments:

At 4:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd have to say that I agree with you 100%. You might like this electric golf cart golf site that I came across. Thanks again for your insight.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home