.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The GrunkleGuru

Grunkle is a slang term for the thick rough on a golf course that I have been using for many years. Given my penchant for inaccurate tee balls, I have become a bit of a guru out of the thick stuff, hence the name. This is a site for my random thoughts about sports (espeically golf) and life in general. While nothing special, it will hopefully offer a break from the daily drudgery for both you and me.

September 30, 2005

Tip of the Week - Watch the Best

For my tip of the week this week, I will call upon all of you golfers to not focus on your game, but rather focus on those of the best players in the world. North Carolina is very lucky this week, as not only do we have the Chrysler Classic of Greensboro (which every media outlet is calling something different), but our neighbors in Raleigh are hosting a Champions Tour event. I encourage everyone to get out there if there is any way that they can. I would love to, but I am in the process of selling my house and have too long of a list for this weekend.

However, if I was going out there I can promise you that I would be spending a lot of time at the driving range and practice green watching these guys get ready for a round.

Pay attention to their warm-up routines. They don’t just beat balls, but rather have a set routine they go through. Even when they are done with their round, they might come back to the range for work on their game. This is where the analysis happens. If they were struggling with some aspect on the course, they work in it while it is fresh in their minds. Warm up is not for fixing swing flaws. It is for figuring out what you have for the day, and taking that skill set to the course and getting the most out of it that you can.

So if you are heading out to the course, don’t forget to spend some time at the range.

6 Comments:

At 7:26 PM, Blogger golfing-girls said...

not a bad blog, was looking for get a good tee time but found this...lol.. oh well... if u wanna know more about get a good tee time then check ut my blog too ;)

 
At 12:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog you have! I really enjoyed it. I heard of a great site that is giving away a free set of Nike Golf Clubs. I think your readers will enjoy it. Just click the link below and enter your Zip Code to see if you qualify!
Free Nike Golf Clubs!

 
At 4:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd have to say that I agree with you 100%. You might like this electric golf cart golf site that I came across. Thanks again for your insight.

 
At 7:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd have to say that I agree with you 100%. You might like this golf golf site that I came across. Thanks again for your insight.

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Sports Junky said...

I agree,

I love PGA. and recently I have bought stock in it. Not like real stock on Wall street, but a stock market that is strictly for sports.

You have seen it? Its pretty cool. You buy issues for your favorite golfers and you make real money. Not like a fake stock simulator. I cash out Dividends each time your golfer plays in a tournament. Also I can sell my players stock when the price goes up.

check it out if something like this interests you.
heres a link http://allsportstrading.com

This site has lots of data about dividends and game pots and golfers. It also has alot of information about how the market works.



See you there!
-Erik

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Sports Junky said...

I agree,

I love Tiger Woods. and recently I have bought stock in it. Not like real stock on Wall street, but a stock market that is strictly for sports.

You have seen it? Its pretty cool. You buy issues for your favorite golfers and you make real money. Not like a fake stock simulator. I cash out Dividends each time your golfer plays in a tournament. Also I can sell my players stock when the price goes up.

check it out if something like this interests you.
heres a link http://allsportstrading.com

This site has lots of data about dividends and game pots and golfers. It also has alot of information about how the market works.



See you there!
-Erik

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home