.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The GrunkleGuru

Grunkle is a slang term for the thick rough on a golf course that I have been using for many years. Given my penchant for inaccurate tee balls, I have become a bit of a guru out of the thick stuff, hence the name. This is a site for my random thoughts about sports (espeically golf) and life in general. While nothing special, it will hopefully offer a break from the daily drudgery for both you and me.

October 04, 2005

Rule of the Week - Your Honor, Your Honor

Here’s the situation:

18th hole, you and your nemesis are all square in your match and you have a 45’ birdie putt, and you opponent is about 30’ away, but off the green. You opponent goes ahead and hits a miracle chip for birdie.

During his dancing and ribbing you sit there quietly waiting for a moment to interject something. Your opponent says, “Why are you smiling? You have to make the putt to tie me.”

You calmly declare, “Actually, I am away, you have to replace your ball and wait for me to play.”

A look of disgust hits your opponents face, as he screams, “But I was off the green I had the honor!”

So who is right?

You are of course because you read the Grunkle Guru rule of the day and realize that regardless of where a person is on the golf course, in match play the competitor furthest away has the honor. So even though you were on the green, you had the right to play first and your opponent must replay his shot.

Note: If this is a friendly match please don’t use this rule except to get a laugh at your friend’s pain. It is common practice for those off the green to play up. It just helps with the flow of play. Now if you don’t like the guy go ahead and call it.

6 Comments:

At 8:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Help! I am lost. I was searching for pogos game and somehow ended up here. How that happened I don't know, however I do like your Blog a lot. Would you mind if I add your Blog to my favorites page so others can visit?

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger jasmine said...

I really enjoyed the content on your blog about sports marketing will be back very frequently! I actually have my own sports marketing exposed blog with all kinds of stuff in it. You�re welcome to com by

 
At 7:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - you're blog is full of good info. It's getting hard to find blogs with useful content and people talking about sports marketing these days. I have just started my Latest sports marketing news blog and would really appreciate you coming by - thanks again

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger emily said...

I appreciate your information on sports marketing. I just bookmarked your site and will be back regulalry to keep on top of it. Please check out my blog on sports marketing exposed - I'd really appreciate it

 
At 1:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog you have! I really enjoyed it. I heard of a great site that is giving away a free set of Nike Golf Clubs. I think your readers will enjoy it. Just click the link below and enter your Zip Code to see if you qualify!
Free Nike Golf Clubs!

 
At 7:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog you have! I really enjoyed it. I heard of a great site that is giving away a free set of Nike Golf Clubs. I think your readers will enjoy it. Just click the link below and enter your Zip Code to see if you qualify!
Free Nike Golf Clubs!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home