.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The GrunkleGuru

Grunkle is a slang term for the thick rough on a golf course that I have been using for many years. Given my penchant for inaccurate tee balls, I have become a bit of a guru out of the thick stuff, hence the name. This is a site for my random thoughts about sports (espeically golf) and life in general. While nothing special, it will hopefully offer a break from the daily drudgery for both you and me.

November 09, 2005

Fantasy Recap - 2005 The Year That Could Have Been

Well, now that the official PGA Tour season is wrapped up, it is time to look back and reflect upon my first foray into fantasy golf.

All in all, the results were not that bad. I came in 7,940th out of approximately 40,000 competitors, so I have to consider it a success. Without a doubt, my MVP for the season was Carl Pettersson. He made a strong run at the end, and earned a victory and a top-5 in his last two events to not only secure him a spot in the field for next year’s Masters, but also helped the Guru to a strong finish to the season. For that he has garnered early positioning in next years stable of horses.

I also learned that my dartboard method for choosing players is not the greatest idea in the world. Instead I will take a stronger look at each player every week in deciding my rosters.

Just wait till next year. The Guru is going to dominate fantasyland!

3 Comments:

At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The perfect workplace crime: The blog break
So I would have started this article last week, but there was all this interesting stuff on Romenesko, and then the Huffington Post had some delicious speculation about the Plame case, and, of course, Defamer ...
Find out how to buy and sell anything, like things related to road construction safety equipment on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like road construction safety equipment!

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Patrick Eakes said...

Guru, you might want to add the word verification feature to your comments. You are a SPAM magnet.

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger The Grunkle Guru said...

Yeah, I think yuo are right. But if I kill the spam I might not find out about the blog on cheap perscription drugs, or how to make money by doing nothing. I need that kind of info.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home