.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The GrunkleGuru

Grunkle is a slang term for the thick rough on a golf course that I have been using for many years. Given my penchant for inaccurate tee balls, I have become a bit of a guru out of the thick stuff, hence the name. This is a site for my random thoughts about sports (espeically golf) and life in general. While nothing special, it will hopefully offer a break from the daily drudgery for both you and me.

January 13, 2006

Sony Open - Round 1 Recap

After round 1 of the Sony Open, my team is in pretty good shape

T2 – David Toms (-4)
T49 – Vijay Singh (+1)
T49 – Joe Ogilvie (+1)
T49 – Aaron Baddeley (+1)
T114 – Ryan Moore (+5)

If the cut was after round one, I would have 4 players in the field as Singh, Ogilvie, and Baddeley would all have finished on the cut number (+1). Given that there are currently 24 players tied at (+1), I don’t expect the cut number to drop tomorrow. In fact, I predict it will stay at (+1) and maybe go to (+2) if the wind keeps gusting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home